Item Used :-
- Extra Large MDF Butterfly
- Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Dripping by Tim Holtz
- Sizzix Layered Dragonfly with Texture folder - 659579
- Sizzix Butterfly die with Texture folder - 657209
- Sizzix Butterfly die with Texture folder - 659578
- Sizzix Butterfly dies - 661182
- Black Gesso
- Americana Decor Color Stain - black
- White gesso
- Viva Inka Gold gloss paints - Aquamarin, Steelblue, Turquoise, Yellow Gold, Marsala, Lavared.
- Pebeo Gold Gilding wax
- Flat back 2mm pearls
- 8mm gold rhinestones
- Glossy accent
- 5 Hat pins - pearls
- Fine sand paper
- How I've Created this butterfly
Please leave comment for me xx
- Cover the extra-large butterfly with black gesso. Let it dry. When MDF Butterfly will dry completely use one layer of Black Americana Decor Color Stain.
- Cut variety of sizes butterflies and emboss them. I needed at least 25 butterflies in variety of shapes. I have cut three dragonflies and stick together to give 3-D effect. Some butterflies are double just to create dimensions.
- Some butterfly dies do not have embossing folders so leave some un-embossed butterflies.
- Emboss dripping folder and with the use of white gesso stick on both top corners, cut the access papers.
- Arrange all butterflies at Random and glue it down using white gesso.
- Put Dragonfly at the middle as a focus point.
- Leave it to dry completely naturally.
- When its dry use sand paper or block to smooth down edges and corners.
- Use Viva Inca Gold glossy paints with sponge brushes. When its dry and I’m happy with colours.
- I have used Gold Gilding wax
- Add antenna using hat pins
- Decorate with pearls and glitters.
- Add rhinestones, glitters to decorated my multimedia butterfly
Thanks for stopping by today and hope you love what I've shared!See you soon ~ enjoy!Love Ayoti xxx